Monday, 8th July 2019
Cluster Packaging! Spack integration! So much more!
Ronin now supports HPC Cluster Packaging
- Bundle up all your configured software and share it within your Project!
- Clusters now launch with dedicated /apps and /shared directories.
- Use /apps for installed software and /shared for shared resources or data
Integration of Spack - an open source cluster package manager
- Spack has close to 4000 HPC packages and handles all dependencies.
- Spack is configured to install into the /apps directory out of the box
- All compute nodes will have access to spack installed binaries
Create machine now has a copy to clipboard ssh command feature
- Also available at the key creation screen on single and cluster machines
- Now anyone can automatically reset their password.
- This won't reset two step authentication (upcoming release)
Cyberduck connection profile
- A file that, when opened, will prepopulate some of the fields in Cyberduck, so you don't have to!
Parallel Cluster upgraded to 2.3.1
- Fixes and features
- On packaged clusters, shared and apps directories cannot go below original size
- Adding a picture to your cluster packages now works
- AWS Cluster root volumes no longer incorrectly show as non root
- Can no longer package a stopped cluster throwing an error
- Clusters with storage kept after termination are now being tagged correctly
Tuesday, 14th May 2019
HPC Dashboard and Storage Resize tools
Features / Changes
- Dashboard shows HPC and Machine details
- HPC card shows Cluster nodes running / potential max size
- Machine card shows running / total (stopped and running)
- Root / Non Root volumes can (by popular demand) be resized on the create single machine screen
Thursday, 25th April 2019
Ronin Link Integration and Much More
- One click Ronin Link Integration. Click the Open with Ronin Link button on the machine in Ronin for a seamless login via the Ronin Link desktop app.
- Two click RDP Integration. Click the Download RDP File button on the machine in Ronin and open the downloaded RDP file to launch your remote desktop tools.
- Check my Networking Tool. All machines now have a quick way to diagnose internal DNS problems when connecting from within organisations.
- External email users now allowed in permissions
- Lower admin now has visibility and control over budget controls
- Project admins can now manage users without project settings/budget access
- Fixed Linux launch and new key tips to both point to Ronin Link
- Better mapping for all drive types.
- Package Management - Admins can now override the root vol size, defaults, and will now validate against snapshot size to ensure enforced min size.
- Fixed Windows "Booting OS" buffer and display issue, all works on GMT now.
- Fixed incorrect redhat pointer in AMI import modal